Sunday, 1 November 2009

The View From Here

The view from here is a view to coming winter, cold days and even colder nights, some new musical releases ( e.g. adorable new seasonal album released by Tori Amos ,it's called "Midwinter Graces" ), and flu... Although I've recently suffered from a terminal lack of free time, I got a chance or two to have myself a little second-hand hunt for fabrics and gadgets that could be used in my images. And I was lucky to find these...

the first image shows something that I would see as a very free variation on Italian baroque gowns :) On a shameless price of a double McChicken. I just added all this white stuff, the beautiful blue tafeta pattern is left the way I got it. In the recent post you could see a model wearing this lovely gown.

The second photo shows a set combined of two Indian dresses put together with an old vintage blouse and an amber heart necklace. A sort of inspiration by an everyday Victorian outfit of a lady who's just came back from some exotic vacation... from Ceylon perhaps :) I don't have time to sew costumes from the very beginning now, however it's great to have such a search from time to time, it works no worse. These two costumes, however, are to be used no earlier than in Spring, and I'm desperately looking for some winter gowns and velvet robes. And I am also looking for interesting books on the history of XVIII & XIXth century fashion, any suggestions of the titles would be fine.

P.S. Przy okazji serdeczne podziękowania dla http://ipsa87.blogspot.com/ za przemiłe wyróżnienie, pozdrawiam :)

4 comments:

  1. Zawsze marzyłam, żeby przymierzyć taką suknię jak ta pierwsza... pozdrawiam ciepło:)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oj,szczerze mówiąc poszukiwania kostiumów do zdjec bywają bardzo pretekstowe, sama uwielbiam się w nie wbijać, pozdrawiam!

    ReplyDelete
  3. :) no i wcale się nie dziwię:) i zapraszam Gosiu po wyróżnienia:)

    ReplyDelete
  4. These are lovely! What is wonderful about photography is that you can "make up" the costumes-no one needs to know where they came from or how they are held together(as in don't look at the back-I taped it together! ack!). I think these look lovely in your photographs!
    xo,
    merle

    ReplyDelete